We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Elder Tellez 7-30-12 email

Hola famila mia,
How is life? I'm doing good. I sent a picture of the baptism of Emireth from a week ago. There are also pictures of the other two baptisms that we had here in Xalapa. The older lady that was baptized is Edith, her husband has been a member since he was a child and has been inactive since, her daughter and one of her sons was recently baptized. She has been wanting to get baptized for some time now be wasn't married, they got married this Wednesday. They are planning to get sealed in a year. The teenage girl is Monserrat, she lives in Mexico City but is here on vacation. E. Valtierra thought that she was a member because she went to church every sunday in a dress and things with her aunt and cousins that are in our ward. This Tuesday (my first day) we go to a house of a member because my companion needed to go to the bathroom and she was there. She commented that she wasn't a member and wanted to get baptized. So, we immediatly (spelled wrong) taught her the lessons and was baptized this Saturday!!!! The blessings from God, right!!!! My direction is on the corner of Ebano and Mitla in the colonia Veracruz. Xalapa is awesome, it has two Walmarts, two Sam's Clubs, many Burger King's and Mcdonalds, a Chilis, a Taco Bell, Home Depot, a couple of Office Max's, and other things. The sad thing is that all of that is on the other side of town. My area is the ghetto part, haha. There are two Dominos and a Pizza Hut and we wanted some pizza Saturday, so we call them up and they refuse to deliver here because it is dangerous, haha. I love it though, the people are more humble and stuff. I have an apartment, there is no AC, but no one needs it. No one has AC, not even the church buildings. It is literally cold here year round. It is so high up I guess. I actually get cold at night, haha. We have a water heater in the apartment so I bathe with hot water, haha. There are 3 companionships in my district: my companion and me, the zone leaders E. LaBianca and E. Ursua (pictured in the photo of the baptism), and sister missionaries Hermana Solis and Hermana Rodriguez. So, it is incredibly easy, haha. There are so many hills in my area. This just happens to be the area where E. Barnes and E. Lastra (after he was with me) were at. I'm good with american snacks that I love and socks and the Lion King CD in the package. I will be happy with whatever you put, haha. Thank you, I love you. Being in the same city as the offices does mean that I will get mail sooner, yup. Time to go. Send me many emails and photos and news. I love you, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment