We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012


Elder Everett Escobar 7/2/2012

Well to tell you the truth, I feel like we haven't done too many 'noteworthy' things this week however I do feel like it was somewhat constructive. We did gain a new investigator, Justin, he's Catholic (but not for long). He is the nephew of a recent convert in the ward and he has shown some interest in learning more about our faith. Most of this week was getting the Area Book back in order (it wasn't very good when I got here) and also preparing for this week with the new program that we are launching. So in the program we are trying to get all the members in the ward to read all of The Book of Mormon along with us in a 6 month period. We are trying to get members to come out with us every day of the week. We are also striving to use the Member Missionary Lessons (legit, which I will introduce to Liberty Ward when I get home. It's going to spread like wildfire) and commit and follow-up with the members to find and invite people to learn more about the gospel. We also have arranged an allotment of activities that the members can bring their non-member finds to and be comfortable in doing so. So yea that's what we have been mainly working on. Yesterday was rainy but other than that there has been sunshine, I did actually have a bad cold at the beginning of the week but I am fine now. So yes, Pres and Sis Packard are now here in the mission, I have not seen them yet but will on Wednesday. Exciting! Transfers are coming up yet again; craziness. Oh I guess I didn't tell you that I downgraded to a 2 Elder apartment, which it was wild and fun. Eh, there's pros and cons to it. Elder Carlson doing great. He is from Delta, Utah (no idea where that's at, never heard of it till now). He did a semester of college at Utah Valley University. He has 3 other brothers; 2 older, 1 younger. He came out to the mission in January and he has been here since then. So I'm pretty sure he's leaving soon either this transfer or the next. He still has that greenie/innocent feel to him so I'm pretty sure it will be good for him to see other parts of the mission. When you come here after my mission, I'm pretty sure you will enjoy Newport, it's pretty nice but the cost of living here is depressing (or so I've been told). They have the famous 'Escobar Farms' here as well.
Sounds like there are going to be a whole lot of new surprises with callings and what not in the new stake, I'm pretty sure everyone is anxious to know what their new calling(s) will be. It must be interesting to be in that position that everyone is in right now.

By the way, I haven't heard from the Smiths' in a while but went through my address book and saw them, but I forgot to bring it with me so that I could give it to you. I don't remember if I did give you their address. Did I? Please refresh my memory. Don't have any pics of me this week, sorry.

Love you,

Elder Everett Alan Escobar