We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Elder Tellez 7-23-12 Email

How is everyone? I hope fine. So, I am being transferred tomorrow to Xalapa in the Museo Ward and will be district leader. What I will de is: give interviews to the baptismal candidates, teach classes every Tuesday to my district which consists of 2 to 4 companionships, do divisions with the other missionaries, and other stuff, haha. We baptized this week, yaya!!!!! I baptized this 16 year old girl named Emireth, she has been going to the church since January going to activities, mutual, sacrament meeting, basically a member, but her mom never signed the paper and wouldn't let her get baptized. We finally got the signature, it was like christmas in July!!!!!! I promised her a long time ago that I would baptize her and that is what happened yesterday at 5!!!! I really don't tan, I got even redder this week, haha, it's the life. My zone leaders just told me not to put that many virgins on the box, that's all. I had this awesome burger at Burger King Saturday. It was a Whopper with this patty of cheese inside it as well, like a cheese stick but in patty form. I don't know if you have that on there but if so, get it, the Cheesy Whopper. People have said that Xalapa is a lot colder because it is up higher on mountains and hills and such. It is the capital of Veracruz so it is huge. I have heard that it is nice and clean. I can't wait, Poza Rica is just nasty. The have everything there from a Cosco to Mcdonalds. I will be in the city in fact, yay. My companion will be Elder Valtierra, he is mexican. I knew him before when he was in Poza Rica. He has one more month than me, he was actually district leader where he is at, but I guess he did something and got bumped down. He is awesome and a great missionary I know that we will have a good time and become better missionaries. Ok I will send the pictures next week because I don't have time. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment