We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012


Elder Everett Escobar 6/11/2012

Hey-o!!!
Well Rhode Island is not too shabby, I like it. We have been doing a lot of service in the community lately. Oh and the rain has slacked off and it is bright and sunny, just the way I like it. I always seem to be in a better mood when it is sunny. And I have learned my way around the area, roadways and such. It is very nice out here, a lot to see, however, it is hard to take a picture and drive, so I end up not taking a picture at all. Driving is okay, I would like it a lot more if the CD player and AUX Input worked, oh well. We will get a new car pretty soon. People are generally nice and little more polite here. However, all of our long....finding efforts all this week has not sprouted into anything as of yet. Well I take that back, I got a little tan haha. We are having the members sign-up to come out with us during the week, so it seems like the members are putting in a bigger effort in helping and supporting us. Unlike, the sign-ups to come out with us, our dinner calendar has been well um empty-sh, so hopefully that gets better. I have already spent way more than half of my support card money on food from the grocery store and as of right now there isn't much to eat at the apartment /: Oh joy...here we go again, it's alright. So everyone was asking about me at church?! Interesting, well I just sent off my 'WARD LETTER' to Bishop Thomas, so tell him to be on the look out for that. That's crazy not knowing where you stand! And a multi-lingual stake! Sweet, I'm in. That's cool, that will be good for everyone. Dad doing flips off the diving board? Somehow I cannot picture that in my mind but I can see how he regrets doing it now haha. It's so crazy to hear that these people just graduated, it doesn't seem possible. Oh um, I forgot to tell you that we have a Walmart nearby here in Newport, so I'm happy. Hopefully that makes things easier with the eye-prescription/contact situation. Still going to see if I can find a dentist. You and yes it's supposed to be getting HOT pretty soon. Tell Daniel Bryant, "Atah Boy!" and to "Keep It Up!" for me that is definitely good news, Going on a Mission. Well tell Grandma and Aunt Jean that I hope they feel better. They are in my prayers. Oh and yes Pres. and Sister Evans leave July 1st ): But then we have Pres. and Sister Packard (: I hope it will be a good transition. What is the family doing for the summer? Anything fun and exciting? Well hope you have a great week. Oh and for P-day today we are going on the 'Cliff Walk' so hopefully I get some good pics.

Love,

Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment