We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Elder Waddell 7-9-12




Hey thanks for the email.  I was wondering if you would be able to
watch that. Yeah, Elder Calk is pretty darn good, he's going home in a
week though and yeah he composes most of them I think he was one of
the ap's when I got here. Yeah we have some talent here and Elder
Tonga is awesome ha. Is elder Tupou from Juneau or Tonga? Man you guys
are really adopting the Spanish thing that's awesome. I hope I really
learn the language here so when I come back I can speak with all of
them. Oh before I forget could you get me the addresses of Clark
Vial, Justin Nickel, Kenton McCrae and such. That would be much
appreciated. Oh and Vince and Christopher. Haha, I don't think Anchorage
is the refiners fire for many. I think it's just the branch in
Anchorage. Of course every area has different struggles and stuff but
usually Anchorage is the easier place because there are actually
people to teach.  I love it here because this is largely what I was called to
Alaska for. I haven't found out what exactly, but to be in the
Branch is probably a big chunk of why I'm here. The work is harder
than other places. (well I believe so ha) But it's pretty specifically
what I was called to do. I'm almost done with The Book of Mormon in
Spanish. Only thirty more pages, and probably about the same amount
in English. So I'll finish it before the week is through. So that's
pretty exciting. So maybe I'll try to share a little miracle or two
that happens every week....let's see.... Oh there's a lady we helped
move with one of the families from the branch and we've been trying to
get in contact with her through them for months. The other day we
taught them and talked to them about getting in touch with her for a
dinner or something. The next day the man was preparing for his lesson
on missionary work when they went to the store and saw her, so with
everything fresh in their minds they talked to her and it turns out
she was having a hard time so they're trying to help her and she said
she wants to come to church. So that was cool. And this Sunday we gave
talks and mine was about how the purpose of this life is basically to
repent, to change our will to that of the fathers and the blessings
from it ,and Elder Thorne's was about the Holy Ghost. Afterward Pres.
Chavez told us that someone talked to him about stuff and that what we
talked about was exactly what one of the members needed to hear, so
that was a good experience. So things are going well here. Our pdays
have left something to be desired. I have not fished. This is
because it would cost 150 dollars unless I wait until September.
 I hope things continue to go well for you guys. Love you. All is
well in Zion. Love Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment