We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012


Elder Everett Escobar 6/4/2012

Hey! (:
Rhode Island, it is a little different...my new companion is Elder Carlson. Sorry, I forgot my USB Hardrive for the SDHC card so I can't send any pictures this week ): The new apartment is alright and yes I am HAPPY, Danny. I am driving and am the Senior companion, it was tough the first few days that I was here, because I didn't know ANYTHING about the area! So I have been reading over the area book and so now I don't feel as lost as I was. I have not been to where the mansions are, but we may go soon. It's been pretty rainy the past few days, which is hard for me, I strongly dislike the rain and annoying, barking dogs. Elder Carlson is good, he has been out for 3 months and is still learning the ropes, but yet he's teaching me the area. We are teaching each other. We have 5 investigators, none of them are progressing that much though due to certain situations. The Newport Ward is pretty cool, it's smaller in numbers but the young members (like kids and teenagers) do a lot of missionary work so there has been a lot of growth in the ward youth program. We are trying to get more members to come out with us to lessons. After church the ward feeds us and some of the serviceman (navy and coast guard personnel) in the ward. It's funny because they all come dressed in uniform, because after church and lunch they retire to the base. It's cool.

So other than the crazy switch-a-roos in the big Stake-SPLIT-CREATE_NEW-STAKE meeting. What other crazy things are happening in the world? Just wondering.....Pretty sure this e-mail sounds funny because I'm a little tired and scatter-minded at this point. Sorry that I don't have time on the computer to write individual letters to all of you, due to 'time limit' on the computer. But anyhow, oh, I need to get some stamps............so that I can mail some letters. Hope your summer is fun. Sadly, I see beautiful beaches but can't go on them hahaha. Bye!

Sincerely,

Elder Everett Alan Escobar

PS Love you! and Tell Grandma and Grandpa that I love them too! All is well so far and hopefully it will stay that way...(pinky promise) (: