We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Elder Everett Escobar 7/23/2012

Hola mi familia,

This was such a good week! We had plenty of meetings and lessons. First I just have to say that the whole entire meeting and interview was terrific, it was definitely inspired. President Packard told us of his vision for us and for the whole mission, it was so spirtitual. I really don't even know how to describe it but it was just a perfect transition from President Evans views and goals to President Packard. We are now focusing on being in the homes of members as often as possible. In doing so, you are hitting multiple birds with one stone. The work is only successful through the members (no matter if they are active or less-active). I will send an outline of notes and goals that I started embarking on, to better increase the participation in the ward, it maybe very useful to the missionaries in Liberty Ward. After all Liberty Ward will soon become a stake! (: Or at least, I think so especially with everyone getting pregnant, haha! My interview with President Packard started off as simple as it could be, with him asking questions to get to know me better. But not too long after answering these questions we both simultaneously exchanged wisdom of deeper doctrinal connections such as identity, perspective, agency, and the continual journey of progression, it ended up being one of the longest interviews (oops, sorry to all the other missionaries that were waiting in line). During and after the interview I felt a rejuvenation and a strengthening of desire and I felt like both Pres. Packard and my vision for the mission and it's abounding areas were the same. United in perspective and thought. It was so great. I have committed myself to be exactly obedient and I have already seen more blessings coming into effect. Ever since my interview with Pres. Packard, every single day I have received many revelations and incites to the scriptures and life. I have been writing all of these spiritual acknowledgments down. I have also begun my reading in The Book of Mormon again, except I am taking Elder Bruce R. McConkie's challenge and counsel and am writing down each and every verse in my own words. I am currently in 1 Nephi Chapter 5 and it is a long process of growing patience and understanding but I am enjoying it and I feel a deeper, more personal connection to the scriptures. Call me crazy for taking on this challenge, but it is a very unique experience that forces the mind into deeper thought. I feel my knowledge, understanding, and testimony expanding in the gospel. I am happy and full of joy. This week we have gained 3 New Investigators and have 4 investigators that want to be baptized within the coming weeks. Just as I predicted when I first got to this area, "This is the silence before the storm." And the great and beautiful storm of the gospel is making it's presence known along the horizon and coasts of the Newport Area. Press Forward Saints!

I will have to send you the Smith Family's address next week, I don't have my address book with me. I don't remember the last time that I heard from them. I should write them as well. Along the lines of school for 2013, I am thinking and praying about the matter. If I were to leave a transfer before my projected return home, that transfer would end on July 25th. I have not made my decision yet or talked with President Packard yet about the matter. However, just to let you know; in Weston I mentioned to the Shearer Family that we may be touring the mission after my mission ends and they said that they would be delighted to be the stationary home for our time here in the mission. The Shearers have let several missionaries and their families stay in their home. Just thought that I might bring that up to you, I could get their address and number for you.

What do you want me to do pertaining to my eyes and teeth? Cause right now I am kind of stuck. Adam's engaged? No way! Wow! Yet again many changes are happening in Liberty Ward.

As to missionary work: I am ALL IN, I have and will continue to place all that I have upon the altar of our Lord. Hope you have a good week.

Love you and share my love to those in Liberty Ward,

Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment