We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012


Elder Everett Escobar 7/11/2012

Hi,

Well I have to say, 'Congrats' to the Chick'eh Snake Killah, he's got a pretty good shot; shooting that thing right between the eyes. But the question is: Did he eat it afterwards? I wouldn't be surprised if he did, being Mr. Natureman. That's cool though went to go get a squirrel and got the Grand Prize, a chick'eh snake. How's Danny doing? I don't think that you mentioned anything about him. So Dad is the Ward Mission Leader, sweet. Hopefully, he will still have that calling when I get back; because I would like to help as well (: So Grandma and Grandpa are cleaning out your room for seminary, I hope you are ready to get up that early Mom? 11 students that's a lot, that's good though, growth is good.

Well Elder Carlson did not know Elder Archuleta, Elder Carlson was in the MTC about 6 months ago, he has been out for almost 4 transfers. Last week was very slow and it didn't help that all of our appointments with investigators got cancelled due to them getting ill, camp, or their family unexpectedly dropping in on them to go out for a vacation. And we didn't have the greatest time finding people to teach either. However, due to inspiration and taking actions of preparation on our part last week we have a giant list of all Less-Actives, Potential Investigators, Former Investigators, and Media Referrals in the Area Book to make appointments with. So even though our numbers were pretty bad last week, we are doing more than making up for it this week. We are already off to a good start. Yesterday, was JAM-PACKED with lessons and I am still really tired, it was really good though. Oh and now we have 1 New Investigator and we had 6 different members help us yesterday. Which was amazing! I expect some major growth to come from this, this ward needs it and so far we are seeing good results, so I'm happy. So along with the changes that are happening back home, there are a few changes happening here as well. We have a New Mission President and his family, who are really amazing I really enjoy them. And transfers are happening tomorrow and the only change is that I am now District Leader, I got that call from President Packard last Saturday. The rest of the district and I were kind of expecting it too. So those are my changes for this week. I will get to know President Packard better near the end of the month because that is when he will be doing individual interviews with us.

And yes, I need to focus on finding and setting up appointments for both the dentist and optometrist. I will write that down on my To-Do List. Well I hope that all of you have a great week and I look forward to writing you next Monday.

Love,

Elder Everett Alan Escobar