We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Elder Waddell 8-27-12


So transfers happened. I will be leaving on Tuesday
for Fairbanks 5th ward. I'm also training a new
missionary that I'll meet Tuesday morning. So that's kind of
exciting. It's weird because I didn't feel like I should be leaving
yet. And we now have someone who really seems like he'll progress but
I guess it's time for me to skidaddle for a few months. I'll probably
be back though. So I'm not too worried. I am a little worried because
we'll be whitewashing the area so I don't want to mess anything up
because they're doing good work up there right now. We'll see I guess.
I'm excited for the cold. So don't be surprised if a chunk of the
money on my card disappears. I'll need a coat. Hopefully I'll see
the northern lights and stuff. We'll see. I'm happy because we
finished our four transfers with the best week we've had last week.
And the best transfer I've had in my mission. So that's cool. I'm just
hoping I don't just fail with this new missionary. I'll give it my
all. Oh just a note to the girls they better send me lihing candies
when they get to school. Haha!  Things have been going really
well and I'm excited for the next set of adventures. Love you guys
Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment