We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, August 27, 2012



ELDER EVERETT ESCOBAR 8/27/2012

Hey, my new companion is Elder Jensen! He is really cool. He is from Montana, he is the second of ten children. His family just moved to Sandy, Utah. He didn't like the MTC, haha. He likes football, ultimate frisbee, and anything outdoors. He is 19 years old and has done 2 years of college, he graduated a year early. He wants to become an engineer. How is school going for the boys? My burn on my arm is healing up pretty well, I am super tired. But I still feel happy. The missionary that baptized Caleb was Elder McQueen, one of his past missionaries (the missionary that I replaced). So yes I did teach Caleb. Training is different, but I can already tell that I have room for growth spiritually and that this will be learning process for both Elder Jensen and I. As of right now we don't really have any miles on our car so things are kind of tight, teaching-wise. We have been walking A LOT! Walking reminds me of my first area in Cambridge. Its so hard to believe that a year has gone by, ever since my 6 month mark, time has just come and gone like no one's business. As of right now I am just trying to sustain myself food wise for the rest of the month, so the money that grandma and grandpa sent is coming in handy. Please tell them 'thank you' and that 'I love them', for me if you haven't already. Everything is good here on the mission. So I believe that I did get that other package apparently (: So no need to worry. David is going to be a dad, changes just keep a rolling on by. Good for him. I will keep working and I love everyone of you very much, hope you have a great week, although it may be tiring.

Love,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment