We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Elder Everett Escobar  10/22/2012

Hey!
 
An Earthquake! I didn't feel it, I don't know what day or time it happened. But I guess it would make since if we didn't feel it, because Newport is an island. I don't know, I guess if I was supposed to feel it, I didn't recognize it. And President Packard told Elder Jensen that he will be training, so....I'm going to have a grandson! 
 
Along with leaving a transfer early, apparently that is impossible because I can't leave no sooner than 30 days before August 31. So President Packard said that he felt that I need to go to school this next fall semester. So he said that I won't be leaving in the July transfer, but I will be leaving in between transfers. So I would be in a trio my last few days in the mission. He said that I could leave August 1 at the earliest but he wanted me to talk to you, he has given me permission to call you anytime for applications to school and just anything related to departures. He wanted me to talk to you on when I should leave the mission, I could leave anytime in August. How long did the whole family want to stay and tour the mission? There is plenty to see it's just up to you, how much time you actually want to spend up here. So let me know. As for schools I feel like I should spend at least 1 semester Lee College to boost my GPA back up and then if I want to transfer somewhere after that, I can do that. As for things that you could send in your next package I need some more deodorant and baby aspirins. 
 
Well this week, Newport Ward seems so far to be doing better in feeding us, we have 5 dinner appointments for this week! Finally but hopefully it lasts throughout the next few weeks. This week was filled with meetings and member appointments, not so much appointments with investigators. However, we found a new investigator tracting and right before I wrote this e-mail, a lady walked up to me and asked for a 'Mormon Bible' and that she would even pay for it. Of course I didnt make her pay, come on they are free, but I did ask her why she was so eager to get a Book of Mormon. She said that tomorrow was her husband's birthday and that he is very fascinated with Mormons and so she went to several book stores trying to find a Book of Mormon for sale, but never found one. But she found US and the book/gift that she wanted to give her husband was free! And we gave her several pamphlets and pass-along cards to go along with the book! She even said that they had just moved here and that she and her husband want to come to church!!! In my mind, I was like, "What the heck is going on? I feel like I'm on Punk'd!" A new family of investigators just feel into our laps. Finally the dry spell is over!!! We have something concrete. But nobody at home or on the mission until now has ever asked if they could buy a Book of Mormon from me. Yeah that is one to write in the journal. Anywho, let me know how long you want to spend up here when you come pick me up, I can get a hub (place that we can stay) from Sister Shearer (she already offered to host us, if we were to stay for a little while), I will have to get her phone number and give it to you.
 
Love you very much,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment