We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Elder Waddell 11-5-12


Hey hey. Things are going pretty well here. It's getting a little
chillier. It was -13 this morning. So that was cool. Did I tell you
guys we plug in our cars here so they'll start in the morning? Yeah I
think I should be good with the timing coming home so I won't stress
about it. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the Bieber concert I guess haha.
Man the girls are going to have all their fun before I can get to them
next September.  I hope Megan doesn't get lepto or something, that
lagoon water is gross. So the paper that you sent me was just the
application for the ballot. I haven't gotten the ballot so I doubt my
vote will count... ha I feel like the election will be a little bit of
a distraction. But it's not really a bad distraction. It's something
we need to know about. Fairbanks is doing pretty well. It's getting
cold. I'm not sure how much I'll like that but we'll see. Transfers
are coming up in a couple of weeks so we'll see if I'll stay. More
than likely one of us is leaving. I'm hoping to go to Juneau for a
couple of transfers because there is a Spanish area there. But it
would be cool to see the southeast in the summer. I'm
pretty sure I'm going back to the Spanish branch eventually. It's just
the when part. Oh cool news. So normally every 2 weeks 700 people
download the missionary papers but since the announcement it's been
4000 people with half being sisters. So in February we're getting
100 new missionaries. Half of them will be sisters..... It's kind
of weird. I'm not sure how I'll like that. But we'll see what happens.
 We'll go from about 130 missionaries to 230 missionaries in a
month. We're going to blitz Alaska. Recently I have realized a little
more the power of the Book of Mormon.  Like I said we're teaching a
Jewish Rabbi. She hasn't bought into the fact that the messiah
has come, but she's reading the Book of Mormon and becoming more
and more open to the idea and we're pretty positive she'll gain a
witness eventually and be able to take part in the Atonement. The Book
of Mormon was brought forth to the convincing of Jew and Gentile that
Jesus is the Christ. No other book can do what it can do. It fulfills
its purpose in inviting the spirit into the lives of those who read it
and giving a piece of evidence of the workings of God with mankind.
It's pretty amazing how it works. Yes, things are going well in
the Fairbanks 5th ward. I wouldn't really advise living here..... but
the people are great and some things  make it worth it to live in
a place as dry and cold as Fairbanks haha! Well let me know how things
are going. Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment