We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012







Elder Everett Escobar  11/05/2012

Hey! 


Well it's pretty exciting over here! So yes Danny, I am okay (: We haven't been able to do much teaching this week and I will explain why within the next few sentences. The church all along the east coast is getting a lot of praise. Our zone and several others were sent down to help in the hurricane relief and wreckage in Connecticut. It was and still is pretty bad, many places in Connecticut got hit hard. President Packard had told the governor of Connecticut that he would bring the whole entire mission to help if he had to. So far 3 out of the 8 zones in the mission have been serving in Connecticut. But President Packard just announced that we as a whole mission will be going down to Connecticut to help. Can you just imagine, over 200 missionaries, plus other volunteers dressed in yellow 'Mormon Helping Hands' vests marching into these ransacked neighborhoods and helping everyone who is in need. That's awesome! 'Forget the National Guard (they're just security), bring in the Mormons!'-anonymous bystander. It's funny because pretty much everyone that we have helped so far has expressed that they are voting for Mitt Romney! There was one house that we walked up to and from the house we heard, "Hey! Here come Mitt's boys!" Then someone else in the house replied, "That's good cause we need'em." I love people's comments on who they think we are, it's just funny. But yes we have been given a lot of praise pretty much everyone up and down the streets wanted to get a picture with the 'volunteering mormons' and post it on facebook. The whole mission is coming to Connecticut this coming Friday and will stay there through Sunday. That's the game plan as of right now! By the way, have I told you that I love using a shovel? Cause I do, this is the first time that I have used a shovel in a while. Yesterday was stake conference, it was really good. However there was one sister that was sitting on the stands that looked pretty much like mom, so I was a really confused at first. I knew that it wasn't really you mom, although from time to time I would question it, by the end of the meeting I was still a little weirded out. Anyways, its good to hear that everyone is doing well. Aaron in his band contest. Danny trying to health-mindedly eat so that he can be as tall as a basketball player. Responding to Danny's letter: 'You can't wait for me to come back?! Well there are some times where I do think of home and can't wait to go back home. And I can say as well that it's not the same without you, Aaron, Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa being here. But at this moment it's not quite time for me to come back, plus I will be back home before you know it. After this school year and at the end of summer, right before you start school again; I will be back home and yes it will be fun. It's good that you are praying, are you reading? How is Aaron doing with his reading and praying? Keep it up and go on a mission when you turn 18, for sure.' By the way, have you decided when you would like to pick me up? So that I can report back to President Packard on the matter. Just so you know we do have someone feeding us on Thanksgiving, haven't quite gotten to Christmas yet though. Can you believe that I have spent 7 1/2 months here! Transfers are coming up and I got that feeling... I will know for sure on Saturday if I am being transferred. Sorry for not having pics this time, I didn't want to chance messing up the camera in the hurricane relief, anyways, 
 
LOVE YOU!
Elder Everett Alan Escobar


No comments:

Post a Comment