We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, November 19, 2012

Elder Waddell 11-19-2012


Yes I was surprised to see Victoria..... It was probably the strangest moment on my mission. I tried to shake her hand because I thought she was a new member. I didn't recognize her until she said my first name. It was weird, really weird. But thanks for the beef jerky! We haven't decided when I'll go over there. We might on Thanksgiving. We’ll see. I did get a better camera. I can get the fstop to 3.3 and leave the shutter open for half a minute. So I'll be able to get semi decent pics of the northern lights. But I need a mini tripod as you'll notice on the pic i sent my hand is a little shaky. I'm not sure what I want for Christmas..... I'll get back to you on that haha  I think we'll be bouncing around on Thanksgiving day. It'll be a good one. Oh yeah we had transfers and I'm staying here until January at least. Elder Stevenson is in Matanuska now, and Elder Collins from Western Samoa is coming here. It'll be another good 6 weeks. I'm sorry about not having a ton of details. There’s just too much that happens everyday.  I can't put it all in order chronologically in my mind. It’s ridiculous, days are so short this time of year and yet soooo long. I can't remember if I told you guys that there are going to be 100 new missionaries in our mission by February supposedly and half will be sisters. If I did forgive me, if not, forgive me haha. So that will be a cool experience I guess. I'm not sure how much I'll like it. One of the pluses of this mission was that it is small so it was pretty personal with Pres. But the work needs to go forward and it seems needs to accelerate. Well I better get going. My brain is getting fried. Thanks for the email!! Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment