We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Elder Everett Escobar  11/14/2012

Ohlah amegoes!

Combo aystah? Just kidding, just kidding. Yes I meant to spell that horribly, don't worry I haven't lost any brain cells on the mission. Well maybe I have, oh well. Anyways, this past week has just been a rush! The whole mission did go down to Connecticut, we split off into teams and demolished the place, both literally and figuratively. The team that I was in was completely gutting and cleaning out pretty much every inch in people's basements. I felt like I belonged on Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe. It was really cool, I enjoy labor work it just feels so fulfilling when the days done. FEMA actually came down and video(ed) our whole team, I don't know if showed on the news but it's now stored somewhere. So there goes my 5 minutes of fame, not saying that I even wanted it. 3 accounted homes in Connecticut were washed away at sea, different levels of homes crumpled under one another, houses were literally flooded from top to bottom. And yes I do have some pictures. 
 
So this is probably the moment you have been waiting for. I am getting transferred to Nashua, New Hampshire, oh yes right into winter. Well I will be having a White Christmas that's for sure. I will be whitewashed into Nashua 2 Ward, I've heard rumors they are making the switch to be a Spanish Ward. Here is the test of my faith, I can almost taste it. So yes, SPANISH. All I know right now are words and some common phrases.....Sink or Swim! PLEASE LET IT BE SWIM!!! Haha. The Lord has provided a way. It's funny how right when I leave the investigators and the dinners with members go back up. Oh well that's the story of my mission. At least I will get fed well in a Spanish Ward right? I would think so. Anyways, lots of new adventures are underway I'm pretty sure, pray for me......I feel like Scrat from Ice Age, who just lost his acorn and is confused on how to get it back. I think that I may pull an Elder Groberg.
 
Well it sounds like both Aaron had a rough week. It is strange that people I know and that are my age are getting married. Why can't they wait for me to at least get off my mission before they get married? Am I not important enough to be at their wedding geez?! Just kidding, they can do whatever they want, I can give them a be-lated congrats. Anyways, hope you have a great week, I'm glad you were able to relive the days when you were in the Dayton High School Marching Band, that sounds like fun, I wish I was there to see it. 
 
Love you,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment