We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Elder Everett Escobar  3/19/2012

 That is such great news that Kenny is going to get baptized, it's about time. Good for him and Serena! I remember Sister Smesny said a while back that she said that she wanted to have a temple marriage, maybe that's not too far away now. That's great! Yea you should give the Book of Mormon to Uncle Travis. Sorry about last week, we came to the library a little earlier but today we e-mailed a little later because today is Deep-Cleaning Day! Yay, we clean the whole apartment, it's not too bad though. Please tell Danny, "Happy Birthday!" for me. 10 years old, time flies, I remember when you brought him back home from the hospital after he was born. Feeling old?! I think so... We had 1 investigator (Jade) at church yesterday, finally! It was great, she enjoyed it. So this whole week we have taken 2 hours everyday to help Brother Jodrey, a less-active, clean his room. He is an elderly man, he's a massive hoarder, and he doesn't take very good care of himself at all. I have never cleaned anything so disgusting in my life than his room. He was grateful for the service we gave him and gave me 2 model cars (he's a big collector): Aston Martin (from a 007 movie) and a Ferrari FXX it looks pretty sweet. Jade, one of our investigators, has a baptismal date for April 8th, but that is bound to change because she is living with Jean, another one of our investigators, and they don't plan on getting married any time soon so it's a sticky situation. We met a guy this week who was really open to us, but he was a little tipsy at the time, his name is Jerry. He just has a lot of problems in his life but he wants to come to church and we haven't even had the first discussion with him yet. Tell Aaron to keep going and become an Eagle Scout, no regrets only more opportunities await him. I can't wait for General Conference, it's like Christmas all over again! Well I'm still having fun on the mission, the more stressful it gets, the more fun and entertaining it is. I do need a few things: deodorant, contact solution, toothpaste, listerene, and several packs of protein powder (if you can). And yes I did receive the SD card in the mail, thank you very much and yea I'm pretty sure that will last me for the rest of my mission, haha. Did grandma and grandpa get the letter that I sent to them?

Love you alot,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar
PS I tried uploading a video of me but it didn't work, sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment