We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Elder Waddell 4-9-12


We get to use this parking spot!! 

Hey! thanks for the email! I'm doing pretty well today. We had a good Easter. We ate dinner at a really cool family's house for Easter. It was pretty fun.  Oh,  Sister Searcy. ha She always catches you unaware. She just appeared outside of the church after we had a lesson and said  "I need an Easter video for your family!" haha!!  I hope it wasn't tooo strange.
I think one of the best things about a mission is the fact that we have almost no stress relief valves. We can't listen to music or watch tv or go randomly play sports or games. We have to always be working. So it kind of forces you into one of two choices (if you want to be obedient ha) either eat.....  or unload yourself in prayer. I guess I haven't had all that much stress before to where I felt like I needed to do that. So it kind of feels weird at first. But it kind of helps me to understand that the Atonement wasn’t  just for the times I mess up and need to fix something. It was for my sicknesses, my doubts, my trials, and burdens in general. Well I didn't mean to make this a mini sermon but I feel like I learned something kind of significant from this week that will hopefully help me out till I die.   I hope things keep going well for you guys!  Keep me updated! All is well in Zion.

Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment