We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Elder Everett Escobar  4/9/2012

Hello,
Well I must say that Easter was great! So about a week and a half ago I ran across a lady from Lebanon (middle-east), while looking for a media referral and we have been able to teach her and her son. She, Suzanne, is a very funny, sweet lady and her son, Danny, has gone through a lot in his life. Our last lesson with them was interesting part of it was in English and part of it was in Arabic so that Suzanne could really understand what we were talking about. They are really open to what we have to say and they came to church this Sunday and really enjoyed it. Before Suzanne was about to leave from church she said that she 'really' wanted to 'keep' meeting with us. So I'm happy about that. Well I'm glad that I don't have to say that I didn't have Easter dinner, because did have dinner. As a matter of fact we had 2 Easter Dinners I was so tired after the second dinner because I had already gorged myself with food, but it was fun. Things are looking up we are bringing more members to our lessons and they seem to have a great time.

That's great that Kenny got baptized, please tell him "Congrats!" for me. That must have truly been a special experience for everyone. Sounds like things are happening in Liberty Ward. Did Grandma and Grandpa ever get my letter? Sounds like Aaron is making money! Tell him not to spend and go ahead and save it for a mission, that's great that he is getting opportunities to make money. Danny is still getting in trouble it sounds like, I guess not much has changed from that aspect of things. So everyone, including myself, thinks that I'm going to be training this transfer, but we will see what happens this Saturday. I still remain in awe, as the time keeps whizzing by, it's so crazy. Pretty soon I will have been gone for a year ayayay! Hope Aaron and Danny are doing well in school. Hope that you continue to feel better and that Dad is able to continue in the work both occupation, fatherly responsibilities, and church calling-wise. We don't know the details about Mother's Day yet, but when we do get the scoop I will tell you.

Love,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar  

No comments:

Post a Comment