We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Elder Tellez 4-2-12

Still no new pics :( But he sounds so great!!!

Greetings to all,

How is everyone doing? Thank you for the emails and such. This week has be pretty normal, I can't lie haha. E. Barnes is awesome and we are pretty sure that this is going to be my last week here in Isla. Thank you for all of the "Happy Birthdays" Saturday was good. Everyone forgot it was my birthday, even me, until about 2:30 when hermana Treviño (wife of the mission pres.) called me and wished me a happy birthday. The baptisms aren't coming as much lately, but I have faith that we will see many this week. Conference was great, as always. I watched every session. I liked Boyd K. Packer's talk Saturday morning. I interpreted that we need to have faith and hope, they are essencial together like it says in Moroni 7:41-42. We need to be like a little child, like it says in Mosiah 3:19. Families CAN be together forever. I know that all of this is true through personal revalation and ferverent prayer. Through Elder Hales, I learned we need to come back to the light of our Savior's love. With Elder Oaks, I learned it is so important to ask God, not just pray just to pray, but pray with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. Also, missionary work is only but a small sacrifice of what the Lord did for all of us. Listening to President Eyring, I wrote: How dare I ask "Why?" We need to choose the right constantly, not every now and then when the time feels right. Also, trial happen, make the most of them. Ahhhhh Elder Holland, I got that we don't need to be envious. Envy is a mistake that just keeps giving. He said,"it is like downing a jar of pickle juice everytime someone has a happy moment." The men need to "step it up". Elder Scott got me a little teary eyed. Death is but a small separation. We need to trust in the Lord. I will not write all that I have learned because I don't have all of the time in the world, but I have plenty of notes. I will just tell you that I weeped at the end of all of it. The music and all was just grand. For everyone sending packages, I would love black socks and a bunch of snack food that is ony in America. I can't send pics this week either because there isn't a slot for my card on this computer either. I will end my decent email by saying that I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!! I really do, I feel your presence with me constantly. You are all 100 times stronger than I will ever be. Stay firm in the Gospel and keep sending emails. -Elder (guapo) Téllez

No comments:

Post a Comment