We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Elder Tellez 4-16-12



Another week gone bye,

¿Que dicen? ¿Como estan? I am feeling super lazy today. I woke up with a massive headache this morning. I think it is safe to say that I am definately used to Mexico. We I go back to America, my little head will just explode. I find it better to speak in spanish. I am trying this crazy tecnique (probably spelled wrong, spanish words are popping into my head instead of english) to where I speak with more of an spanish accent and less gringo. Surprisingly, I never really sounded gringo to begin with, haha. But I want to sound really good. Just think of it, in less than a month we might skype or maybe just a telephone call. So, last night, I was looking through letters and stuff from my time in the MTC and first couple of months here, and I made me think how supportive you all really are. If it feels like at times that I don't appreciate all that y'all do, don't feel like that because I really do appreciate each and every one of you. I am sure it is harder to have a grandson, brother, and especially a son 800 miles away in a completely different country on the Lord's errand than it is for me here. Because I spend all of my time dedicated to all of this that it is almost impossible to think about anything else. Don't get me wrong, every night I think about home, but my mind wanders back to "Ahhhh, what do Enrique and Elizabet need" or "what am I going to teach tomorrow to Sachari!!" In other words, it is harder for the family than the actual missionary. So, thank you for your support. "What do we do when we fall down......we get back up." -Alfred (Michael Caine) Batman Begins Cheesy movie quote, but it is so true. Sure you may stumble at times but you will always get back up. The first time you bake a cake, it might not turn out amazing. But the more you try again, the more rico it will be. Never give up. So, that is all the time I have. ........... Love you all, now time to eat some nasty fish and papaya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment