We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Email from Elder Tellez 4-9-12



Hello hello,

How is everyone doing? Thank you for the emails. I appreciate them much. So, I am in Isla until the next transfer, which is at the end of April. Well then, news from this part of the world: They will be starting construction on the new stake center in San Andres (where are little district center is at (2 1/2 hrs away!!)). With that being said, we will be made a stake then. Isla will become a ward, actually from what I've heard, 2 wards. I think after the stake center is completed, they say that they are going to construct a new church building here in Isla to fit the 2 wards. We haven't had a baptism in 4 weeks. Every week there is something that happens to our "golden" investigators. It is all good though, I still have faith that we will baptize 10 this month, me and E. Barnes have prayed and we know that we can do it. Remember mama when you send me a package to put my InsideOut CD and some other church CD like those ones that annoyed me back then with the girl singing. Don't forget the beef jerky. Wait another month or two before you send it though because I don't want you to spend a bunch of money on a package.................... This week was even hotter than before and my face is baked, my arms however are just getting tanned. Yes, I am using sunscreen, but I sweat so much that it just slides off. They don't sell very much sunscreen here. But I bought some that was water proof and still it kind of just dripped down my face. I think, however, that it kind of worked. Time to go. Send me many emails and pics, Love ya all.

No comments:

Post a Comment