We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Elder Everett Escobar  4/16/2012

Hello mi familia,

I am doing very well! Suzanne, the Sister from Lebanon and her son, Danny, have agreed to get baptized. So yes they are progressing. Our last meeting with them was such a blast, the spirit was really strong and Suzanne boldly told us, "I know that Jesus has brought both of you into my life, thank you for everything that you have done for me." And as you can probably guess at that point my eyes got a little watery, however I didn't cry amazingly haha. Well Jade and Jean are getting better, Jade has a baptismal date for the 26th of May and Jean just got a job so he's not discouraged anymore and he is coming back to church.

Monday was pretty hot it was in the 90s, Monday was also Patriots Day! So we were able to go to the temple which was great. While I was there the University Elders told me that Ran Jan, a guy who I found and started teaching before I left is getting baptized. They also told me that Nic Petre another person that I found and started teaching is finally coming around in his faith and what he believes (he was and probably still is a hard egg to crack). I was also able to talk to Chris Battoo over the phone that evening, seems like life is still tough for him but he is still coming to church and he is going to meet with Bishop Porter because he wants to receive the priesthood and soon after that go to the temple.

Oh Dad and Grandpa (or any man) would be jealous of this. There is an Aston Martin dealership close to our apartment and on Friday last week they had a car show, it was amazing! They Aston Martins, Shelby Mustangs, Lotus', Audis, and Ferraris - galore! It was so sweet, however, we did not stop and give into temptation but I did take a few pictures while driving by.

I received an e-mail from John (Elder Tellez) today, just so you know. So Shane is working for Brother Farrell now that's pretty cool. You should tell him to convert, Don and Saint, for me or at least invite them to events at church. Sounds like there are plenty of changes in Liberty Ward. Well before I forget, I have to tell you that Elder White and I are staying together for another transfer and so apparently I am his only companion that he has had for 3 transfers, he was pretty excited about that. Oh and I have a boat load of pictures for you. By the way it is very GREEN here right now! At the beginning of the next transfer will be 9 months out, crazy! And next transfer 30 missionaries are going home!!! That's a bit ridonkulous! Anyways, time keeps tickin'...
 
Love,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment