We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Elder Everett Escobar   4/2/2012


Hello,
Christmas all over again was great, personally I don't think that President Monson said anything extraordinary, but all of the talks were great and insightful! A lot of talks were aimed towards family and trying to encourage greater stability and love within the family units (preparation haha). I guess I will send the bill from Boston Childrens Hospital to you, even though I already wrote on it (oops!), I guess white-out will do the trick! So the little/big guy (Danny) is 10 years old and had an Angry Birds birthday party. Ayayayay! Angry Birds is taking over the world, I see something related to Angry Birds almost every single day, I find it annoying but oh well. That's great, sounds like he had a good birthday party. Today we helped a family unload their new couches into their home so that's why I am e-mailing this late, sorry. Back problems, tooth ache problems, what's next? That's rough, hope everything gets better soon. Early this morning my nose started bleeding, I was ticked, I hadn't had a problem with my nose since I got to Boston. I guess my luck or peace of nose (instead of mind) isn't going to last long. April Fools Day was fun all 4 of us came home to beds being sabotaged and messed with ridiculously it was funny, My whole bed was covered with pass-along cards. Elder White's bed was just completely gone. Elder Campos's bed was greasy and wet from lotion and water being put/poured on it. And Elder Hansen's bed contained RANCH DRESSING in between his sheets (it looked disgusting), he always has bad run-ins with ranch. It was funny.
I have only heard from Samuel a little tiny bit (like a 1 or 2 sentence e-mail) and I don't hear from anybody else, I guess I'm out of the loop. Time just keeps zooming by, a week seems like a day or not even a day. AHAHAHAH! The clock just keeps going faster. I'm in my 8th month, 1/3 of the way done and I still feel as if I am the new guy in the mission, but I'm almost considered a veteran.  So grandpa is in scouting now that's a change, I guess he is going to be relying upon you a lot for advice, hopefully he enjoys that calling.

We are striving to get member referrals in our ward, we just started a new program that I created (I will have to take a picture of my idea and send it to you sometime), so hopefully we see some pretty good results. This week has been a sad week mail-wise in the apartment, no one has received a letter or package this week which is quite abnormal. The missionary work is still going, we are trying to get members to come with us to our lessons. We are teaching an elderly woman named, Suzanne. I ran into her when looking for a media referral and she seemed pretty open to me and what I said to her. She is from Lebanon, she used to be a singer there interestingly enough. And now we are teaching her son, Danny who seems particularly interested as well. So the mission life is good right now. Just thinking about my future and from experiences and from what people have proposed to me, while on my mission so far, I'm kind of leaning towards the pediatrics side of the medical field. But who knows, that may change, I enjoy being around kids though so it seems to fit. Anyways, focus on the mission right now haha.

Love,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment