We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Elder Everett Escobar    12/19/11


Hello my family,
 
This week was great but it has been a little bit of a slow down. Oh by the way, last week after I last e-mailed you my camera fizzled out! I was so mad...No bueno! My camera turns on fine but after that it just wacks out, I don't know how it got broken, it's interesting. So I was wondering if I could by a new camera with my debit card and that can be my Christmas Present. By the way how much dinero is on my D-card? I know that Best Buy will be having their annual Christmas sale pretty soon. Other than my camera, everything has been great, we were able to teach a few of our investigators before they left. Almost all of our investigators were gone and left for home by Thursday, so we worked with the members more this week which was still good. I'm glad that you are sending the gift card because I have almost ran out of money (due to our consumption of food, the groceries aren't lasting very long). However, on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we miraculously have dinner appointments with members. Elder Huntsman and I are doing pretty well so far, I think that we will strengthen in companionship unity as time goes on. Just so you know yesterday it was 18 degrees(wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be), however today is 31 degrees so yea the weather/temperature here is like a rollercoaster as well. I want it to snow! It's cold enough but it just hasn't. As a zone we will be doing a lot of contacting and caroling this week, I hope that everything works out. Oh and sorry again because I can't send you pics again this week because I don't have a SD card reader (I guess thats something else that I have to get). Well anyways, I'm glad that Dad will be able to spend more time with all of you this week. Hopefully, everything goes well for grandpa, especially over Christmas Dinner, that's tough.

Love you (tell everyone, "Merry Christmas!" for me),
 
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment