We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Trinity 1-23-12

Well hello! Thanks for the email and pictures. Sounds like things are moving right along back home. They're moving pretty well here as well. We've been working on teaching lessons with members and it's not going too poorly. We passed around a sheet on Sunday for people to sign. Typical elders quorum, two people signed up haha But things are going well. We should have a baptism on Saturday if his parents make it back to town in time. Another kid. We're still trying to clean the records.... there are a lot of them... but we've made a significant dent in them. So that's a good thing for whoever comes here later. The rumors for transfers started way too early this transfer so it kind of feels like it's dragging on. I'm kind of upset that I'm probably going to be moving. I knew that would happen. I got more attached to the place and the people we're teaching. And not to mention I don't want sister missionaries coming in and looking good for all the work we did, haha, but that hasn't slowed us down any. I'm the most upset about one of our investigators in particular I won't get to see move on. But I guess that's how it goes. We're teaching some recent converts cousins and they're doing rather well. I don't know a lot of stuff is finally shaping up and we have one week to enjoy it. But other than our work making us look bad compared to the sisters after they reap what we sowed I still have that excited anticipation about where i'm going. I'm hoping not Anchorage. I'm hoping Fairbanks or Eilson or something like that.  But whatever happens is supposed to. I just might not be as excited about it.. OOOH I got to talk to a non-member in Spanish! Literally the first person I met who wasn't a member who spoke spanish. 6 months out. A quarter of the way done and my list of people spoken to is 1. So that's pretty exciting haha, but he wasn't interested.... but it was still exciting. oh, I haven't gotten the business cards... when did you send them? Oh and my line of authority.... do you know President Mathews full name and such or can dad fix that?  Well things are going well here. I love it. I haven't gotten any fatter. (surprisingly) and I'm going to miss Ketchikan a lot. And all is well in Zion. 
Elder Waddell

                          

No comments:

Post a Comment