We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Elder Everett Escobar
 
(1/9/2012)


Hello,
 
I had actually been a little under the weather for a few days this week, but I'm fine now. There actually wasn't really anything exciting this week, except that we have a new investigator named Ranjan. But he's gone now and won't be back for 2 more weeks because he is visiting a friend in Washington D.C. He's planning on going to BYU, so if he doesn't get baptized here I'm pretty confident that he will get baptized there. So I thought that some of the members and investigators would be back by now, I was dead wrong. Basically everyone is still gone, it's kind of sad and depressing. We passed around the dinner calendar yesterday and only 1 out of the 10 members there signed up. Oh joy... Oh well, I have no problem cooking dinner. Hopefully people start coming back this week, so that we can actually teach people and have more dinner appointments. Elder Huntsman should be leaving in a week or two, he just re-applied for his Visa and Letter of Invitation. Today we plan to explore the city and take pictures. 
 
So the Devereaux bros did the switch-aroo, that's interesting. Liberty Ward is changing, I think that I can totally see it becoming a stake someday. Well I'm sorry that I didn't have many great stories to share this week, but I may make up for it next time.
 
(1/16/2012)
Hello,
 
Frankly I feel bad because I forgot my camera at home! Oops. This week the work really picked up because a lot of our investigators are back in the area, however, there still aren't very many members back so as of right now we only have one person signed up on our dinner calendar ): oh well... Other than that everything was great and cold, I've seen snow and met crazy people, scary people, good people, essentially every kind of people that you can think of. Our investigators seem to be progressing fairly well. And yes I did hear about the New England Patriots slaughtering the Denver Broncos and yes it was very cold that day as well. Time is just rolling by. I hope that Jeremy gets to feeling better and that you enjoy your new calling. It's good that the ward is seeing a lot of baptisms, hopefully that will jumpstart a wave of member missionary work. I am still jealous that the Youth Conference will be held in Nauvoo, I say," No fair" But that ought to be fun and definitely something to remember. I hope that everyone is doing well and that Texas is in no way cold like it is up here haha.
 
Love all you,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar
 

No comments:

Post a Comment