We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Email from Elder Tellez 1-23-12


Thank you for the emails.

Bianca, I don't have any key, haha sorry. Yes I am good haha. Love ya too.
So, we had another baptism as you can tell. The man in white that baptized her is Brother Hipolito. He always helps us out. Truthfully, I don't remember any of the missionaries' names, sorry. But maybe if I saw a face, that would help. About Joshua, that is sad and honestly a bit funny. That is cool that he is doing something in scouts, even if that means jumping off the "scout"house, haha. I don't know what the name of my abuelito is. We have 4 more people that want to get baptized, 2 couples. The problem is that they aren't married! But we are working with them letting them know the importance of actually being married to your "spouse" and not really "Bible bashing", but kind of hitting the point that they should be married. So, I'm sure that they will be baptized in February. Thank you for the pics and for the poem. Grandma, I love Saints and Soldiers, it is one of my favorite movies. Not much is going on actually. Just teaching and preaching. I am craving churros and american cheetos, haha. I am even craving Jack in the Box and of course the cooking of mama and gramma. Yup, I miss all of ya'll, but it is going by so fast, I have already been on my mission for 4 1/2 months. Pretty soon I will have 1 year and then before you know it, I will be sitting on the couch at home feeling awkward awake at like 6:30 in the morning studying my scriptures and wishing I can go back and serve a mission. Keep sending pictures, haha. Mama, I could buy stuff here, but that little book that I had and garments I can't get here. I kind of hope that I get transferred in two weeks, but more than likely, I will remain here. Well, once again, my companion is rushing me and it hasn't been a full hour yet. Talk to ya next week. I love you all sooo much. -Elder Téllez

No comments:

Post a Comment