We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Trinity 1/16/12



Heeyy! When I first saw the picture I got a little confused before I realized it was photo shopped haha. Thanks for the email! I can't even remember what I sent in the package, I just grabbed random stuff. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. I heard about the Texans... what a bummer... but they did well I heard. We've been playing on Wednesday with some potentials and members. It's pretty nice. I have on and off day’s haha mostly off. Well there is 2 weeks left in this transfer. Today starts week 5 of 6 and we've been hearing lots of rumors about things happening. I'm not too excited about it, especially if those rumors prove to be true. It's pretty awesome here and at the moment we're doing a lot of finding and people are getting close but it'll all be after this transfer that things happen so hopefully the transfer won't slow people down. Only 42 degrees?? I thought I remembered it getting colder than that normally. We had a "winter storm" on Friday. It snowed a foot and a half in about 2 hours in some places in town. Then the cold weather followed which also means clear skies. So it's a clear beautiful sunny 10 degrees right now. But yeah in Cordova it snowed between 15 and 20 ft....crazy. Well it sounds like things are still moving along back home. We've been trying to find lots of people and clean out our records recently. We've been told to act like they're whitewashing the area and fix the records accordingly. We found 6 new investigators the past two weeks and some of the older ones are progressing. Once we were sitting in the car on the side of the road looking at some papers when a guy tapped on my window. I rolled it down and he looked at us funny and said "Elder Williams??" ha I was just like "nooo elder waddell..." what's your name? And it turns out he had investigated before and he told us to come by and talk to him sometime. So that was pretty cool. We're getting a pretty good handle on what needs to be done here. Just in time for us to leave haha but I guess that’s how it goes. I'm hoping to get moved to Fairbanks if I get moved. Simply because that's the typical Alaskan winter haha It would be quite a change from here. And the northern lights and things like that. But I don't particularly want to leave Ketchikan. But whatever happens, happens. "All things are done in the wisdom of Him who knoweth all." Well that's about it I'm glad things are going well and excited to see what the future holds! Love ya. All is well in Zion.    Elder Waddell







No comments:

Post a Comment