We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Trinity 1/9/12


Thanks for the email!! sorry last week we were at a members for email so I didn't feel like writing very much. The past couple of weeks the library we use has been closed. But it's back so it's all good now. We've been pretty busy this past week. I  can't remember if I mentioned but we've been trying to find new people to teach recently. We've been running out of people who were taking it seriously and learning and progressing so now it's turning into the typical missionary work. You know knocking on random peoples doors and such haha. But it hasn't been too bad. We should've been doing this before. But we're finding a couple people. Ian and Liannes relative asked us to teach his kids so that's exciting. We started that yesterday and hopefully it'll go well. The weather hasn't been very nice. It's the typical Ketchikan temperature 30's but more wind and rain than normal up until today. It's just been gross all week and supposedly some tropical storm type winds but i'm not sure I believe that. it suffices to say it's still not fun walking around in. But things are going okay. It feels good to be back at it. Lately we've been trying to find a way to get over the Metlekatla. Which is a native reservation that technically we cover. But it takes money and a ferry to get over so we need something set up before we go. So that will be pretty cool if we could do that. The history of this area is pretty interesting. We're also (half heartedly I must admit) trying to find a way to do exchanges over on Prince of Whales Island. Because I've never done missionary work outside of this island and with anyone other than elder Dean and Satini. And plus I think it would be really cool to go there. But I'm not sure if Pres. Would bite since it's a 3 hr ferry one way and cost almost 50 bucks. But that's what's going on. We're already half way through the transfer which is strange. This one has been moving pretty quickly. I already kind of don't want to leave since I'm pretty sure I am. But I'm using spanish less and less and it's not going anywhere but down now. But we're never sure what's going to happen so we'll see. I'm hoping if I leave I go to Fairbanks or something like that just because it would be such a shock as far as weather change. Plus I'm not sure where they would put me anyways. There will be another Spanish elder coming out and Elder Smith will probably train him in the spanish branch with the other three spanish elders already there and then there's me. haha so I don't think fairbanks is tooo unlikely. Thanks for the pictures from Hawaii oh and congrats to everyone for getting in! that's pretty exciting! when do they start there? But anyways ha could you send some printed pics that I had taken. and don't be stingy on the number of different pics haha thanks! Thanks for attaching john and everetts it was nice to read theirs. Sounds like things are going pretty well back home. Things are going good here. Always trying to get better. I guess that's the nature of it all. All is well in Zion. 


                      Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment