We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Elder Tellez' First email of 2012


Yup, 2012, here I come, haha.

Hi, how is everyone doing? I am glad that you all had a great New Years. Some of these pics are clearly old. It is just my district from the MTC. The man with the white name tag was one of my teachers, Hermano Marlor. He is only 2 years older than me, he got back from his mission in the summer I think. And the man in the picture at the temple was my Branch President at the MTC, he was really cool and incredibly spiritual. Gramma, I will take pictures of the outside of my house. It is all flatland in Isla for the most part, yea there are some hills. But in the town next to us (2 1/2 hrs away) there are mountains and valleys and such. It is called Santiago Tuxtla, it also has what is rumored to be the 1st Hill Cumorah in Mormon 6 I think, before Moroni buried them I the New York area. Whether it is or not, this area, Los Tuxtlas, is where most of the Book of Mormon took place. I think from the Book of Mosiah all the way to Mormon. Just some interesting facts, haha. People have also found some holographics (however you spell it) that talk about a white God coming down and teaching the people and the things that it said are the same as what Jesus taught in 3 Nephi. It is really interesting. Gramma, you need to get out and have fun, haha. No, but it was great to hear from you. Momma, can you change my facebook pic to something else, I look hideous in that one that I am pointing to Mexico. Put one of the pics that I have taken in Mexico. Don't worry, I didn't go on facebook, haha, I haven't broken any rules. I am still being obedient. Just some kids were trying to friend request me and I got a glimpse of my pic. Oh yeah, and accept people that friend request me, especially if they have a spanish name, haha, they are probably youths trying to be my friend. Por favor. Gracias momma. But you should send me a package, if so, can you send that book that I bought at the bookstore when we went to the temple and I was going to take it on my mission but then decided not to, now it would be a little helpful, haha. And I don't know, garments, cheap walmart church shoes, size 9, sunflower seeds (they don't have them here), and things like that. I love you haha. Alma 56, a good chapter, one of my favorites, it is great. Also, the first couple of chapters in Mosiah, when King Benjamin talks to his people, is great. Well, the whole Book of Mormon is great. I hope y'all are reading every day, it is not only interesting but it has great teachings, things to share, things to use in Family Home Evening, and you always learn something new every time. I would recommend that, as a family, read the whole Book of Mormon, cover to cover, not starting at "I, Nephi", but at the Introduction. I is great, and will really help Joshua before his mission, it is a great preparation to read it beforehand. Just a chapter each night before the first person goes to sleep, haha, or imediately after dinner before you all go watch a movie or something. Even when you have Family Home Evening, do it afterwards. On Sundays, read a little more, it brings family unity. Family, the most important part in God's Plan. Especially during the Sabbath Day, family is great, just sit there and talk, read scriptures, talk about what you learned in church, it is just a great feeling. Well time to go and eat eggs and beans in a torta (a piece of french bread, AMAZING). Love ya all, til next week. -Elder Téllez

No comments:

Post a Comment