We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Email from Elder Tellez 1-16-12



(Subject of email)"week 16 on my mission and day 126...or something"

Hello, hello

Thank you for the emails and the pics. Could you send a picture of each section of the missionaries. We have another baptism this thursday, it was supposed to be Sunday, but she just had a baby and she wanted to wait a couple of days. I will be doing the ordinance of the baptism. Just out of random curiosity, how many people have Sam, Trinity, and Everett baptized. To answer some of your questions mama. Nope, it is not a duplex, it is just a random door that leads into the house. The one closest to the washer is the door we use. Elder Lastra has 15 months on his mission, he leaves this October. The picture that showed me kneeling in front of E. Lastra was just a funny picture. It was supposed to look like I was proposing, haha, I was holding a hymn book. I have a JP Morgan debit card that they put money on every 1st of the month. Yes we have a Western Union. We go to an internet cafe. Yup, I got the pictures last week and this week. They do transfers every 6 weeks, we have 2 or 3 weeks left this transfer, and more than likely, that is when Elder Lastra will be transferred. I will most likely stay here. And in 2 or 3 weeks, that is when I won't be having a trainer (the first 12 weeks or 2 transfers you are being trained). That means that E. Lastra is my trainer or, as we call it in this mission, mi papá, haha and I am his hijo. Mi hermanos are other Elders that he has trained, my abuelo is the Elder that trained him, and the rest works like a family. What's new in Texas, from what I heard from a sister, Sarah Palin is running for president and that Obama is even running again. Gramma, the scripture is in Joshua, but I don't remember the chapter or verse. I have it marked in my scriptures, but I left my Bible at the house. I sometimes lay on the hammock. It hasn't really been cold down here, but it did rain 2 days in a row (saturday and sunday) which did make it pretty cold, but today, it is incredibly hot. No, I don't drink the water, we have a truck that delivers 5gal container things of water every couple of days, it is about $13 pesos (about $1 US). Isla is small, we have a Flores which is a grocery store that is 1/2 the size of Brookshires and a Bodega, which is a breakoff of Walmart. It is about 3/4 the size of the old small Walmarts but it has groceries too. Well, my companion is rushing me. I will talk more next time. Love you all. -Elder Téllez

No comments:

Post a Comment