We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, June 24, 2013

ELDER EVERETT ESCOBAR 02/19/2013

Good morning!
Well these past few weeks have been interesting, due to Nemo. Don't worry Disney I think that we have indeed found Nemo...you can stop the long search already. The night before transfer meeting I said goodbye to the Candelarios, it was hard and I miss them (I have some pics of them and me). I told them that we would definitely stop by when we tour the mission. At transfer meeting, I saw a surge of missionaries going home. Most of them I knew fairly well, Elder White (my companion in Weston), Sister Broekhuijsen (we were in the MTC together), and Elder Mitton & Elder Woodruff (were some of my favorite ZLs) were among the group. Elder White's grandparents came from Rhode Island to see him bear his testimony at transfer meeting. I dislike seeing people that I worked alongside with just leave, it's just so weird because you know that it will soon be your turn to be at that same podium giving your last witness to the mission. I don't even like thinking about it. Anyways, my companion is Elder Metcalf. He is a pretty cool cat, however, he can't do too much because he has recently had surgery on his hand. Before the mission he was in an accident playing tug-of-war and his finger literally popped off. They got his finger back on, but while he was in the mission field the same finger got infected so part of the finger had to be removed. So now his pointer finger is sewn to the palm of his hand right now, apparently that's how they are doing a skin graph on his finger. Talk about a series of unfortunate events, eh. So he can sometimes be in quite a bit of pain. I love our Ward Mission Leader, Brother Rob Ciunci, he is a recent convert that goes above and beyond his calling and he's pretty darn funny. We probably get 10 or more calls/texts from him checking up on us after lessons, meeting, and what not. He actually owns the apartment that we live in. He's a little over 50 years old, but he's a ball full of fun. He took us to one of his hockey games last Thursday evening, it was cool. That was my first time at a hockey game (I have pics of that too). So I have already started a list of memories for the Worcester 1st Area. I haven't quite been to church due to snow, so I haven't met that many members of the ward. We have 2 investigators that we are working with right now and hope to gain 2 more investigators this week. This area reminds me a lot of Weston, because you have a little bit of the city and you have the boonies!!! I love it. So Nemo was alright, we played a bunch of board games and saw a lot of gospel-related movies, it got tiring being at the apartment for so long though. We got 3 feet of snow where we were and yes we had to shovel it, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to get out of our apartment. It was crazy seeing the blizzard because the snow wasn't just coming down, it was coming down horizontally and everything was swaying back and forth. It was kind of like a hurricane, it was quite a sight. Anyways, yesterday we had the opportunity to go to the temple since it was a holiday. So we took the opportunity and had a great time and we also spent some time in Boston. I was reliving the days that I spent with Elder Yim, I enjoyed it. I think that sending mail to my apartment would be alright here is the address: 700 B Main St   Boylston, MA 01505. 
Sounds like a lot of goals have been set in the stake back home, 1 million names to index, that's quite a bit. And it still sounds like great things are happening in Liberty Ward, especially with Gilberto's baptism. Tell him 'CONGRATULATIONS' for me. By the way, thank you for answering your phone yesterday (: Oh and I was told at the Walmart where I got my new prescription that I could get both contacts and glasses and that I would be covered. So could I get glasses here? Just curious because my frames on my current glasses are starting to take there toll and they aren't my current prescription. Anyways, love you and tell everyone that I love them.
Sincerely,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar 

No comments:

Post a Comment