We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Elder Everett Escobar  04/08/2013

Hey ya'll,
Our week has been full of meetings. We had Zone Meeting, District Meeting, General Conference, and today we had interviews with President Packard. This was one of my last interviews with him and it was most enlightening; I am being brought to tears just thinking about it and typing this e-mail. Through the interview we talked about my companion, my eternal companion, and school. We mainly focused our discussion on my eternal companion though, I described to him the feelings that I have been having and I related other details to him (details that I haven't even shared with you, so you only know half of the whole story (: Please don't think that I wanted to leave you out of the action, I feel like it is too sacred to talk about in an e-mail that will be viewed by the public. So I will write out a letter to you concerning the matter of which President Packard and I spoke about.) All I have to say in this e-mail is that my notions and feelings were confirmed to me. 
I have been spending a lot of time on my knees this week in regard to school, my companion, and eternal companion.   Elder Metcalf had been sick, he got a stomach virus so we had a little bit of time on our hands, so i made the best of it and got to my knees in humble prayer. I feel as if my prayers have become much more effective. We gained a new investigator this week, Dave Fallon, he's a recovering alcoholic who is looking for a church to get into. He came to the Priesthood Session of General Conference and enjoyed it. By the way, I thought Elder Robert D. Hales looked like death warmed over in the Priesthood Session, he looked bad. So we saw the Saturday Sessions of conference at Sister Needham's house with the Sisters. Oh and I cooked brunch, I made bacon omelettes. You and Grandma would have been so proud of me, haha. They were really good. Then on Sunday we watched the first session at the church and the second session at a member's house. I enjoyed all of the conference messages, there was just so much to learn. I was sad when they released Sister Elaine S. Dalton though, she was my favorite female speaker. 
Hey from your sentence, 'It is really looking good. We are going to make you wait until you get home to see it, though...now sneak peak video.' What sneak peek video? When and where is this sneak peek video? I'm confused. Please explain.
Sounds like the boys are doing well. Tomorrow will be our actual P-day since we had interviews today, so I will have pics then to share with you.
Sincerely and with much love,

Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment