We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Elder Everett Escobar  06/02/2013

Hey!
I'm am doing better. I have gotten more sleep. This week has been great! I forgot to tell you last week that we were going to have the baptism. Well the baptism was held this past Saturday for Julianne Good (10). And she and her mother were both confirmed by Elder Watson and I on Sunday. It was a great experience. We also gained 3 new solid-investigators. It's a golden family, I don't think that they can get any golder than what they are now. They are so prepared and they are just embracing the gospel. We have only had 1 lesson with them, but they have attended every single church meeting and activity throughout the week. We talked with them yesterday and asked them how church was. They said that they had a great time and that they learned more in 3 hours than they had at any other particular church and that the doctrine is solid and understandable and that everything makes sense. They said that they felt blessed to have come across members of this church and to have just came across the church in general. They also mentioned that they enjoyed the confirmation of Mary and Julianne Good and that they would like to have this ordinance done for them in their lives. So next time we meet with them, should we setup a baptismal date? Yea, I think so.

This past week we found out who would be transferred. Found out that neither I or Elder Watson are being transferred, so he will most likely kill me. President Packard called me before and after he organized transfers. The first time he called, he asked me what I thought should happen in the zone that I'm currently in (Which was interesting to me, since I'm not in any leadership position.).  And I just replied, "President Packard, I don't have any problems with it. Then President Packard called me up before he was going to send transfers out to the mission and talked to me again. He told me that he knew that I had gone through a lot in the short time that I had been here and he said that he feels like I am beginning to realize why I am in this area (Which is true, I realize why I'm here more and more with each passing day.) He then told me that Elder Watson and I will stay together. He then mentioned that he would talk to me more on the subject a little later and that he would speak with me in a more in-depth manner in my last interview with him. Haha welcome to my crazy missionary life! It's so funny, I love it. I actually have to talk with him in a more in-depth manner as well sometime, it will probably be in my last interview though. So yea, I have a lot to tell you as well when I go home, but you probably already knew that.
Anyways, you should know that things are going well. I have had peace all through this week ((((: Yea. I'm still expecting something else to happen though, things will only be in this mode for so long till something happens. That's the way it always works. Oh, I forgot to tell you this, this past Sunday our Ward Mission Leader, Brother Love, got up and bore his testimony about missionary work. At the end he expressed to the ward that we have some extraordinary missionaries and that they are doing a mighty fine work. Then he said (I'll say that he prophesied), "I expect all of those empty chairs in the over-flow to be full by the end of this year." He then said the ward is doing well in helping the missionaries, but that they still need to pick up some more of the slack. I have to say say that I was impressed, we had at least 50 chairs in the overflow that were empty when he said that. But I know that it can happen, this ward can probably have at least 1 baptism a week if all of the members were to wrap their minds around missionary work. When Brother Love said that in sacrament meeting, my eyes bugged out and I imagine that the biggest smile just came across my face as well. I know it can happen and I want it to happen. So with only 1 1/2 transfers left on my mission, it's all or nothing. As you probably guessed I'm picking, 'all'. Haha

Just let all of you know my summer fun is about to start, so don't get jealous when I say this. Today we are going to take a tour of ESPN Studios which is legit. However, on Wednesday we got permission to go to Six Flags: New England, some members are taking us. How sweet is that?! Yes, Aaron and Danny are probably complaining right now, I'm sorry. But normally I don't get to do anything like this so it's cool.

Well from you e-mail Mom, it sounds like you got some wise words of counsel from Bishop. It's good to keep hearing that the boys are still not only involved in extracurricular activities, but are also involved in missionary work. Graduation 2013?! Geez I felt young till you brought that up haha, it's crazy. It doesn't even feel like 3 years have gone by. Hey this thought came to mind as I was reading your e-mail. Would it be alright if I were to go to seminary with you, I think that would be legit. And I would start off my day studying the scriptures and helping you and the youth. That would be cool, I guess that I would kind of in a sense be your 'assistant'. I don't know, you can do whatever you want with me. What are your thoughts on that?
By the way, I've heard of Elder Wetkisser (if that's how you spell it) but I don't believe that I've actually met him, the name rings a bell though. And also greenies training greenies isn't all that rare up here, but it's always been interesting to me. That's a lot of faith and trust to be putting in new missionaries. Anyways, I hope that you enjoyed my long letter of random excitement haha. I love and prayer for all of you as well. Hope you have an awesome week!

Love,
Elder Everett Alan Escoba

No comments:

Post a Comment