We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Elder Everett Escobar  03/11/2013

You might be wondering why I didn't e-mail you on Monday, that's because we had a short 5-week transfer. And we have good news neither I or Elder Metcalf are leaving Worcester and we are getting Sisters in our area as well. Do I feel a little heat, yes. Spanish is going horribly, I haven't studied for quite some time now, however with the down time that we have had for the past few weeks the apartment has been cleaned (have some pics for ya). By the way I'm not sure if I get 'chilly willies' haha. 38 degrees sounds alright to me right now. I can't wait for spring when everything turns into a vibrant green, I will have to make sure to take a lot of pics then. Elder Metcalf is doing well, he's not drugged up any more, which is nice. The area seems to be turning around, we have been meeting with the ward auxiliary leaders and have been trying to gain their trust, in one of our meeting with Sister Herrera who is the Primary President, we got 6 member referrals! So now we have a lot of things to work on and more auxiliary leaders to visit. So yes I would say that things indeed are a lot better than they were before in this area. We've been hearing rumors that there are going to be a lot of changes in the mission and the mission boundaries might be tweaked and Elder Ballard (Apostle Ballard) is visiting our mission on Saturday and will be holding a live broadcast with us and the Manchester Mission, hmmmmmm...I think I smell something fishy(: I will let you know what happens next p-day.
So this week I have been contemplating more heavily about leaving the mission and working instead of going straight to school. I felt and still feel good about it, but I wanted to know the reasons as to why I should go forth with this decision so I started to pray. So a couple of days later in my studies I decided to read my Patriarchal Blessing and I came across the line which states: "Not long after you return from your mission, you will meet a young lady who you will take to the temple to be married for time and all eternity." Right as I read that I felt a greater abundance of the Spirit and I just started balling. I felt like I couldn't control myself or hold back the tears at all (Answer to my prayers? I think yes.) I was reading my Patriarchal Blessing for personal inspiration and that was definitely the highlight of what I read. Although I don't know to the fullest extent what all of this means, my guess would be that the time is near at hand for me to meet my eternal companion and that I need to keep preparing myself both spiritually and physically. Oh I don't know if I told you this but Elder Metcalf is dyslexic so he has a hard time studying and memorizing the discussions. So a few days ago I was praying to know how I could help him have a better study and I received some inspired revelation as to how I could help him, it kind of just popped into my mind. So I'm having him read each principle in the discussions individually and visualizing what the passage is saying in his mind. Then I have him draw out what he sees on paper and after he draws these principles out I tell him to shut his Preach My Gospel and explain to me what each drawing represents and it works! He remembers! So now it's just going to be the repetition of this process that will have the discussion ingrained in his mind. So anyways, it's been a good week. You should keep talking to Mrs. McCracken and her family and you should invite them to family home evening. Ask the missionaries what you/they can do, they can help. That would be good. I love all of you. Hope you have a great week.
Your son/brother/friend,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment