We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Elder Everett Escobar  03/24/2013

Well HOWDY to h'all yah fellers down in Tayxoes!
We have had a good week of strengthening and uplifting the members of our ward. I feel like there is a greater sense of unity now. We have been working well with the Sisters, they are awesome! We went to Ward Council for the first time yesterday, it went well. I don't have very much to report on investigator-wise, but things are going well. I feel like we need to re-convert and strengthen the people that we already have, before we can actually move on and strive to bring more people into the church. I saw President Packard the other night at the Stake Easter Celebration and he mentioned that he had talked to you, I'm that you had a good conversation with him.
Wow it's amazing that Gilberto got to baptize his girlfriend. It sounds like he's just cruising in the gospel. And Aaron's going to be getting his patriarchal blessing pretty soon, that's great. Time goes by way too fast (and I'm pretty sure I've said that at least a thousand times). Sounds like Danny had a good birthday, I guess when I get back we can play a few rounds of Rockem Sockem! Mom your going to start working again?! That's cool, you've been talking about that for years. So is it really going to happen? Like you for sure are going to start working again?
Ok so I will call Mrs. Moreno as soon as I can and fill out the form. I will print it off later today. I can't print things off at the library that I am currently at. And I will be on the look out for my contacts. So if the letter seems kind of short I just don't have all that much to report on, even though we have been very busy. Anyways, I hope you have a great week as well.
Love,

Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment