We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Elder Waddell 6-17-13



Hey hey. Well I hope things are going well over there. 
Things are going great here. Some of the people we've been trying to teach are panning out and we're beginning to teach more. It's been beautiful here. 60's and 70's for the past two weeks. Supposedly it's rare for this to happen, and what's even more rare, you know how when a hurricane is coming you'll be watching tv and randomly it will switch to the national weather service stuff and warn you? Well I guess that happened here but the reason being is that it will be in the low 80's here and they're not equipped for that kind of weather. haha I don't think most people have air conditioners. 
One of the strangest announcements I've heard in Elders Quorum. 
yep so things are fun here.
This whole "the end of the mission" thing is weird. It's really teaching me the concept that you can't tell yourself not to think of something. for example, if I told you..... don't think of a purple alligator. .....you just thought of one, immediately it flashed through your mind. But if I don't want you to think of a purple alligator in reality I should just keep your mind engaged with other things.... So that's what I'm learning now. I've been doing pretty well in losing myself in the work for the past two years I just need to stay lost in it for a little while longer and keep the momentum of progression going after my mission. I'm not going to be the same person when I get back as I am today and most definitely as I was two years ago. 
life is exciting.
well I hope you're enjoying the Texas heat. I was sweating the other day when it was 65. 
love
Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment