We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Elder Everett Escobar  05/19/2013

Hey!!!
I understood it for the most part. Connecticut is good. Elder Watson is doing well, as a matter of fact, it's his birthday today. So to celebrate a member is taking us to Cheesecake Factory for lunch (: We'll probably be playing b-ball today, I going to take it a little easy though. I really don't want to get injured before I go home, that would stink. We are getting fed dinner pretty much everyday, but lunch has been hard because we seem to always be on the run. So you've probably seen transactions for fast food. And it stinks because we pretty much don't have anything in our apartment, just oatmeal and condiments. Neither my companion or I have any money (I have just a little bit but that's been set aside for the packages that I will be sending home sometime) and to top it off our monthly msf is going to coming late next month. Egh! It's so annoying not having a steady income of some sort cause you feel somewhat stuck at times. However, I have been enjoying my time here in Connecticut. Most of the members here are just loaded, it's beyond ridiculous and there are quite a few members here that are dentists. We had stake conference yesterday in which we had a live broadcast meeting from Salt Lake City, where President Packer, Elder L. Tom Perry, and a few other speakers spoke to the congregation about temples, missionary work, and strengthening families. It was nice, everyone is excited for the Hartford Temple. The building process of the temple will most likely start in June or July.

Mom...come on, you know that I forgive you about the blog. It's not like I'm going to get mad or upset and hulk smash everything haha. Sounds like you had a pretty full week. You can probably guess what our week was full of SERVICE, of course to the members. 


It's good that the Elders finally got a car. We heard that our car might be getting stripped from us and will be given to the new Sisters coming in. I don't like the idea because we have a fairly large area and it is going to take a blow to the work here if we are on bikes, we won't be able to do anything (comparably speaking). A lot of changes are about to happen yet again this transfer, because 18 new Sisters and 1 Elder is coming into the mission. So there is probably going to be 6 or 7 new areas being added to the mission. There have been a lot of rumors going around the mission. For some reason or another some missionaries, including our Zone Leaders, seem convinced that I'm getting transferred this transfer in which I will be made an Assistant to the President. I highly doubt it though, come on, my last transfer getting made AP and leaving right after that, it seems silly and ridiculous to me. I've had a lot of people predict and tell me that I will or should be AP throughout my mission but I'm completely fine and happy where I'm at. I find joy in being a proselyting missionary and that's enough for me at the time being. Plus I don't know how much more tired I can get before I might snap, just kidding. But I am super tired.

Love,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment