We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Elder Everett Escobar  04/22/2013

Good morning,
It was a little hard for me saying goodbye to Elder Metcalf and Sister Crane, who left the district this transfer (Mom, I want you to meet Sister Crane when we tour the mission). I must say that I did get a little emotional during transfer meeting, it was hard trying to hold back the tears that were about to spew out of my eyes. I held it in well though. However, it didn't help that the meeting was super spiritual. It made it harder for me to hold my ground, haha. .I was getting so good at not getting emotional throughout my mission, but this past transfer really put me through the ringer and I've become a crier again. Some people have started calling me, Elder Eyring (because he cries in pretty much every talk)  I have 2 more transfers and it is ridiculous how fast time has gone by, I don't even believe it myself. In the meeting President Packard expressed that the Priesthood Brethern (Prophet, the Apostles, and the Seventy) have had and still have their eye on this mission, because we are exceeding our goals and are growing tremendously. Some of the practices that we've initiated in this mission are now being used in other missions around the world, because of it's much success. Through these past months we have also broken records number-wise and it is consistent. The work is growing tremendously as we strive to have everyone visualize and help in the building of Zion. My new companion is Elder DeLong. I served around him when I was in Nashua, we were in the same Zone. He has been out for 17 months, he's a hard-worker. I like him a lot, we get along really well. To tell you the truth, as of right now I don't think that this is going to be my last area. I have this feeling that I'm going to get transferred for the last transfer that I'm here. That thought has and is pressing in my mind right now. I feel like I have grown a lot this past transfer. A lot was made known unto me and I feel like I have a better grasp or knowledge as to who I am and who I can become. The Lord has revealed many things unto me. I feel like I have talked with him face to face as I have expressed my struggles, my feelings, and the concerns that are existent within the ward which we are striving to resolve. He has spoken to me through my thoughts, through people that I have come in contact with, and through my dreams. All of these ways of revelation which I have experienced have complimented each other and have helped me in doing the will of the Lord. As a result, I have gained a greater sense of happiness, joy, and peace of mind.

So Mom, as of right now I don't have any plans in the near future of attending any sporting events with huge crowds (: Hope your happy about that. I will try to schedule an actual time this week, as to when we can communicate on Mother's Day.

By the way, I found a shnazy wool suit that looks nice. And the best part about it is that it was free. I just have to find someone in the ward who can tailor the slacks for me (I have a pic of me in the suit coat, but with a different pair of slacks).

Tell Aaron and Danny that I am proud of them for their academic and extracurricular success. Keep doing what you are doing and you will have many accomplishments in life.

Elder DeLong and I are pretty much wiping everything that was being done in our ward and start everything over again. Were starting from the ground and working our way up. And we are hounding down on strengthening the ward itself rather than pin-pointing new investigators to teach. For the past three days, we have been coming up with more and more ways that we can interact with individuals and families in the ward. I feel like we are doing the right thing and that what we are doing is the will of God. This Sunday, the bishop made a push for the same thing. He called for a strengthening in the ward and pleaded with the members to have us, the missionaries, in there home so that we can help and strengthen them. So that they may be better prepared for trials to come and for missionary opportunities. We did not have our expected baptism it got pushed back due to family issues, but it should happen sometime this coming month. Anyways, hope you all have a great day and an amazing week.

Love, 

Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment