We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Elder Everett Everett  04/24/2013

Hello,
Hey $76.00 in tuition sounds perfect! Why are you calling in about that? Just kidding, yea something's not right about that. Well believe it or not we were shut down when the manhunt was going on, we're not to far from Boston, we're actually in the Boston Zone. Yea pretty much everything is back to normal in Boston. I should know because I was there yesterday when we went to the Boston Red Sox vs Oakland A's game, we got permission to go. Everyone is still mourning the losses that happened at the Boston Marathon and they are supporting the officials that came to their aid. Security is still a little tight but that is expected. I got the opportunity to go to the baseball game because their is a missionary in our district received tickets from a member and got permission to go but his companion didn't like baseball, so he asked me if I wanted to go. And I didn't have to think twice about it, it's on my bucket list. We had a good time and we had really good seats ($200 seats as a matter of fact). The only down side of it all was that it was misty and chilly. Other than that we had a blast. I put pics on this e-mail, for some of the pics I didn't even have to zoom in at all. It was a good baseball game, the Red Sox got smoked 0-12, the Oakland A's wiped their bottoms.
As you can probably guess, this week is transfer week and that's why I am e-mailing you today. We found out on Saturday that Elder Metcalf is getting transferred to Lowell, Massachusetts and Sister Crane (she's blonde, you'll see her in the pics that I sent) is getting transferred to Ellington, Connecticut. They will both be missed, both of them have had a great impact on me. This has been the best district that I have been in on my mission by far. It's going to be hard watching them go and having to deal with change, but we will see each other from time to time I'm sure. My new companion will be Elder DeLong, he's a English/Cambodian speaking missionary. We were in the same Zone when I served in Nashua, he seems like a cool cat, a hard worker. We will see what happens.

So Aaron got to go to Mormon Prom, that's pretty cool. Oh and he fell for a cute Colombian, so he likes the Latina flavor huh? Haha, I guess we might have different tastes in women. However, I expect that we both have the same overlavish, corny charm that we inherited from our dear father. All Hail KING CORNY: Felix David Escobar! He started it all. "Hey, give me a piece of that corn!" Yet again, Aaron good luck on your Eagle Project since your not totally done yet. Get it done, get it out of the way as soon as possible.

And as for Danny, I can totally see him being a lawyer. Many people that don't know me mistake me for being an attorney or physician of some sort. Apparently, I just have the look, apparently. Mom! Pretty soon you're not going to have any little boys anymore... How do you feel about that?

As for the doctor and dentist appointments, I'm fine with doing it then. And for Mother's Day, we don't have anyone set in stone quite yet but a few families have offered to have us over when we make our calls home. So I will keep you up to date on that. Now for my clothes, at the end of my mission I'm just going to burn the majority of my dress clothes, because they are just down-right filthy and nobody is probably going to take them (if they are smart and have anything in their bucket, they won't take them). So I will probably end up buying new garments, a white shirt, and a suit at the end of my mission. Yea I don't know if my dress clothes can last too much longer. I'm pretty sure that I do have plenty of casual clothes between what I have here and back home. If I need to get anything, it will probably be a few pairs of jeans and shorts which I can probably get at Pac Sun when they have their Blue Dot Sale for dirt cheap. Other than that yea I think that I will be all set. So we are both looking forward to the call home on Mother's Day, I will probably Skype. I don't really enjoy talking on the phone.
I love all of you,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment