We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Elder Everett Escobar 03/18/2013

Mi familia! Buenos dias! FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS DANNY!
Estoy haciendo bien. Esta semana fue muy bien. I did understand those sentences, you might have had one or two spelling/spacing errors, I think. You never did respond to my text that I sent you asking if you had mailed my contacts. I have some news for you. Right before the mission-wide conference on Saturday, President Packard came up to me and told me that both he and Sister Packard feel as if I need to go to school and that they want me to go to school this fall semester, of course if I still wanted to go. He also said Sister Packard came up with the idea of putting mini-missionaries within the area after I leave till the end of the transfer. So that the area won't have to be hindered in any way and the work would still be able to go forward. It's good for the youth of the church and it's an easy fix. So you should expect a phone call from President Packard sometime soon. I will be talking to him today, I have been praying and fasting. So flight plans might change...
The meeting with Elder Russell M. Ballard, Elder Christiansen, and Elder Eyring was awesome. That was a very, very spiritual day. I don't think that there was any bit of negativity within that whole entire day it was great. There weren't any big, dramatic changes in the mission, none of the boundaries were changed or anything like that. Elder Ballard gave us the commission to become 'Master Teachers'. The whole meeting was about bettering ourselves and those around us through our words and actions and creating true, loving relationships with the members.
Well we have been making the transition with the new Sister missionaries, Sister Rivera and Sister Crane (I have known Sister Rivera for quite some time, she's cool. Sister Crane is straight out of the MTC, she is quiet for the most part but she's nice.) The work has been progressing within the ward we have received more referrals from the members as well as dinners. We expect to have quite a few new investigators in the coming weeks.Sister Rivera and I made a big push with the bishop to let us be at Ward Council. We knew that the bishop had refused permission to previous missionaries from the meeting, but we were determined to get into that meeting. After an hour long conversation of petitioning and amending we were granted access to go to Ward Council (: Boo-yah! Finally. Now we will truly know what's happening in the ward and how we can best help the members.
That's so cool that Chelsea is having her baby! Please tell Serena that I hope that everything goes well and that she feels better. It's good that the missionaries got to speak in the ward.
Wow you're buying tile already, the upstairs must be coming along fairly well, especially if you are working on the small details now. Such as the door handles, faucets, knobs, and what not. No you hadn't told me that Matt and Kristen moved to Utah, I had heard that they were in Utah, but I didn't know that they had actually 'moved' there.
Hope that you are successful in all of your endeavors and that the Spirit of the Lord will continually go about you throughout the course of this week.
Love you,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

PS I won't QUIT. "I'm too legit, too quit" (Not that I'm prideful or anything, I'm quoting a movie).

No comments:

Post a Comment